Senior IT management professional with over 18 years of application development experience and exceptional agile design and development skills currently searching for a senior management role in Enterprise Architecture or Product Engineering where my ability to interpret business and strategy into understandable and actionable directives is needed to move the organization forward. The ideal role has the ability to set direction, provide leadership, and influence the organization in continuous and measurable progress towards the strategic direction with quantifiable value to the company. The ideal company will view technology as an enabler to business success when designed and implemented according to sound strategic and architectural direction
Director of Solution Delivery
2011 – Present
As Director, managing a team of delivery managers, architects and program managers, I am directly accountable for managing to expectations of our business partners and delivering technology solutions that align with Fallon’s business needs. Major accomplishments include:
- Implementation of Pega Systems PCS 7 and SAHC 7 applications to support product benefit configuration and sales quoting web portal for brokers. Objective was to drive value through the automation of some slow and error prone manual processing, and provide our broker channel with self-services quoting. Key capabilities implemented include automated benefit configuration work flow, quoting, and automated data flow from central product repository into quotes the MA Connector and new custom built EDI 270/1 transaction. I was IT owner responsible for the overall delivery, starting with defining the initiative, making the business case for the funding, negotiating contracts with vendors, analysis, design, development, testing, rollout and support. Established a delivery cadence with a new team, agile practices, and continued to drive new capability post implementation.
- In response to ACA CH 224 regulations, lead the design and development of a custom solution for Fallon to calculate out of pocket max, inclusive of cost share accumulations from carve out vendors for Rx and behavioral health. We built and deployed a new analytics dashboard source from a new data mart which provided our customer call center with instant access to member cost share info. In addition we built two-way data integrations with our carve out vendors to keep all parties in sync with the latest cost share accumulations. I was IT owner and Architect responsible for the vision and design of the solution, as well as the delivery.
- Established and rolled out best practices and technology across the department to support Agile delivery, continuous integration and automated testing. Starting with capturing, prioritizing and tracking work with backlog, through building, validating and shipping custom applications. I was a key contributor in transformation of Fallon IT org from a traditional project oriented organization to an Agile delivery oriented one.
- Implementation of Trizetto QNXT 4.8 upgrade. Objective was to refresh our platforms and technology to the latest versions. I was IT owner and Architect responsible for defining target state architecture and technical upgrade approach, as well as remediation and testing of our system integration and operational reporting solutions. Lead the refresh of our data extract solution and shipped key new capabilities that allow for the code-less configuration of filtering and behavior of data extracts. This allowed us to accelerate shipment of data extracts to support new partnerships and vendor integrations.
Manager of Enterprise Architecture and Application Development
2008 – 2011
As Manager managing a team of architects and developers, I was directly accountable for the design and development of system integration solutions across Fallon’s core platforms as well as with vendor platforms hosted off prem. Major accomplishments include:
- Implementation of a new custom EDI 835 solution that automated EFT payments to Fallon providers. We built and deployed a new automated data integration between Trizetto QNXT 3.4 and PaySpan Direct. I was IT owner responsible for delivery, leading the design and development. Helped add value by rolling out a suite of automated tests to automatically validate critical money-out transactions balance to invoices - to ensure a high quality deliverable.
- Implementation of a new custom EDI 834 solution that automated the enrollment of Medicare and Medicare members. We built and deployment a new automated data integration between the CMS and Trizetto QNXT 3.4. I was IT owner responsible for delivery, leading the design and development. We built a new Microsoft BizTalk 2010 solution for the validation and pre-processing of all EDI transactions. As well as a web-based dashboard for the monitoring of auto-process metrics and exceptions.
- Implementation of Trizetto QNXT 3.4 application to support claims administration and member enrollment. Objective was to migrate off a legacy closed GE IDX platform, to a new more automated Trizetto QNXT one. I was development team lead on the IT infrastructure team, leading the design and development of our data extract guaranteed-delivery solution. We built, validated and deployed a solution that traded data extracts with over 50 Fallon vendors. Added value by establishing version control and automated build and deployment for Microsoft BizTalk and Microsoft SSIS.
2007 – 2008
Design and development of several customer facing web applications. Design and development on missing critical system integration projects for core system replacement effort. This work involved extensive work with specifying and documenting business requirements, high level and detailed design, establishing a technical approach, building consensus, and leading technical teams:
- Lead the technical team in the rewrite of the Find a Doctor proximity search web application to an ASP.NET 2.0 web application using the MapPoint Web Service. This project was focused on customer satisfaction. Find a Doctor is the most popular feature of FCHP’s website, and customers had frequently complained about not being able to find their doctor, and search requests timing out. The MapPoint solution yields 95% of search requests, in less than four seconds. And is reliable, performant and scalable. This work involved leading a team of 4 through four iterations of a Scrum project, as well as some C# and ASP.NET 2.0 programming.
- Lead the technical team in the rewrite of the 8 web applications that are provided as part of the member, employer and provider portals on www.fchp.org, to an ASP.NET 2.0 platform using NHibernate and Spring.NET. This project was part of FCHP’s QNXT implementation. These 8 web applications all interfaced with a claims system that was being replaced. The goal of this project was to rewrite these web applications to interface with QNXT, the new claims processing system. This work involved documenting requirements, building consensus on a technical approach, putting together a budget, and leading a team of 5 through six iterations of a Scrum project.
- Lead the design and implantation of an automated build and delivery process for a 3 year core system replacement project (QNXT). Over the course of 3 years, FCHP had over 160 people involved in the specification and development of custom code as part of the QNXT implementation effort. Thousand of lines of code were written daily spanning several mediums: .NET, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server, Oracle Warehouse Builder and Crystal Enterprise. This work involved creating a common automated build process to standardize the compilation and delivery of all custom code, as well as programming in NAnt, SSIS, and specifying tests using NUnit and FIT
- Lead the design and implementation of a "File Movement" solution which facilitated the exchange of files between Trizetto Hosting, FCHP and their Trading Partners. The goal of this project was to guarantee the secure and reliable delivery of files for mission critical processes. This work involved documenting requirements, building consensus on a technical approach, specifying a solution, and supporting the technical team in the success of implementation.
September 2004 – March 2007
Design and development of several customer facing mission critical web application and services.
This work involved extensive work with Object Oriented Design, TDD, C#, ASP.NET, as well as some HTML and
- Lead the rewrite of the company website to a CMS managed ASP.NET 2.0 web application. This project was focused on relieving the IS burden of maintaining content and functional changes on the website, and on allowing Marketing to execute campaigns and promotions on their own. This work involved TDD and OOD, as well as programming in C# 2.0, SQL, XSL, Ektron 5.2 and ASP.NET 2.0.
- Lead the design and development of a file management C# 2.0 windows service that is part of the backbone of the "live update" services that keep customers current with the latest threat protection. This is a mission critical high volume 24x7 customer facing service. This work involved TDD and OOD, as well as programming in C# 2.0 and SQL.
- Design and development of a sales quote generation and management 3-tier ASP.NET web application that is used by both inside and outside Sales Reps, and is the main channel for sales order creation in the company. In September of 2005, lead the project that began the integrating of the BizTalk 2004 Rules Engine as the new source for product pricing policies and discount rules. Developed a structured XML vocabulary as well as an extensive C# library of utility methods for manipulating it. This work involved OOP and design, as well as programming in C#, SQL, BizTalk 2004, XSL, and ASP.NET.
- Key responsibilities included: directing team of three application developers through requirements analysis, problem solving, solution architecture, object oriented design, test driven development, implementation, and maintenance of internal and external business systems.
01/2004 – 07/2004
Design and development of several intranet and extranet web application that allows SAIC customers, employees, and partners to manage projects and contracts online.
This work involved extensive work with SQL, ASP, C#, ASP.NET, as well as some HTML and
- Developed an ASP.NET application using C# to manage and track software enhancements and bug fixes.
- Developed serveral web services using C# that automated the process of submitting and retrieving information about bug fixes.
- Developed a C# library of classes for data access, object persistence, and several utility and service functions using well known design patterns.
- Developed several web pages in classic ASP to facilitate the display and management of information pertaining to government contracts, including related tasks, delivery orders, schedules, and financials.
The total application encompassed over 10,000+ ASP pages, 500+ SQL Server tables, 500+ stored procedures, and generated thousands of page hits on a daily basis.
03/2003 – 04/2003
Design and development of an extranet web application that allows Medikinetics’ clients to manage their artwork portfolios
online. This work involved SQL, JSP, & Java programming, and some MySQL database administration:
- Built a login facility that restricted client access to their private area.
- Wrote Java objects for uploading and displaying image files.
- Built a MySQL database to persist portfolio information as well as track collaboration between Medikinetics’
marketing team and their clients. Each entity in the database has a corresponding Java Server Page front–end to
help ease the burden of data maintenance.
09/2002 – 12/2003
Assist in creating a global corporate web intranet for all aspects of JNJ’s business.
This work involved a lot of SQL, as well as extensive CFMX, Flash MX,
- Design and development of a content management web application that allows departments within the JNJ organization to publish
press releases. Full cycle development project using the MVC design pattern and FB3 framework.
- Design and development of an asset management web application that assists in accounting for the 2500+ computer
assets at the La Jolla facility. Full cycle development project using the MVC design pattern and FB4 framework.
Extensive work with CFCs, object and template caching, Verity search engine, and XML configuration
files. Built triggers and stored procedures to implement audit functionality. First time users are presented with an intro built in
- Design and development of a service request web application that streamlines the process of requesting computer
related resources. Full cycle development project using the MVC design pattern and FB3 framework.
Extensive work with CFCs, Flash Remoting, Verity search engine, and XML
- Design and development of an experiment tracking web application that helps measure and evaluate the productivity
of JNJ’s Biology labs. Full cycle development project using the MVC design pattern and FB3
framework. Extensive work with CFCs, Verity search engine, template caching, charts, and
programmatically generating Excel workbooks.
- Design and development of a user administration web application that allows JNJ to implement custom security roles for all the
web applications in their corporate intranet. Full cycle development project using the MVC design pattern and
FB3 framework. Extensive work with CFCs, and object caching.
- Design and development of a file backup and recovery application that helps increase the available operational disk
space on JNJ’s file servers.
08/2001 – 05/2002
- Design and development of a self–service B2B event management web application that facilitates all aspects of
managing a trade show, including accounting, product, and invitation management, as well as commerce. This work involved a lot of
HTML programming and some web page design.
- Planning and management of all aspects of information technology in the office and on the road including network security,
backup and recovery, database administration, server support, and troubleshooting computer problems.
06/2001 – 08/2001
Analysis, identification, and resolution of several application and database performance bottlenecks in a web–based project
management application. This work involved a lot of SQL, PL/SQL, ASP, and
- Porting ASP–SQL code to Oracle–SQL stored procedures and cursor variables for
frequently used SQL statements, to reduce application server load.
- Implementation of object and template caching to reduce application server load.
- Tuning Oracle storage and memory components to achieve better I/O distribution and higher buffer hit ratios,
to reduce database server load.
- Implementation of primary key and foreign key constraints to ensure referential integrity and speed up access to frequently used data.
01/2001 – 06/2001
Design and development of a data gathering and analysis application that helps automate the process of predicting purchasing
patterns of 95% of the world’s credit card customers.
This work involved a lot of SQL, and PL/SQL, programming, as well as extensive work with
Oracle 8i database administration, and data loading:
- Analysis of business processes of two major bank vendors. Wrote all design documentation including customer requirements,
software requirements, entity–relationship diagram, data–flow diagram, and process specification.
- Design and development of a relational database that hosts and processes over forty five million records of sales lead,
disposition, and membership information, on a weekly basis.
- Design and development of a database application that provides for eighteen different import interfaces, four different export
interfaces, error logging, and flat file tracking.
- Design and development of a star schema database to report on two years of marketing (lead reconciliation) data, across three \
levels of time, account, and product dimensions.
- Design and development of a reporting web application that provides on–demand reporting. Extensive work with
ColdFusion and Fusebox framework.
] [bought by fair issac in 2001
07/2000 – 12/2000
Design and development of a B2B e–commerce web application that allows Colibri retailers to submit purchase orders online.
- Built a comprehensive online catalog of products that features searching, browsing by categories, and a one–click checkout
for registered users.
- Built a series of administrative pages that facilitated the maintenance of product and account information.
- Built a data import utility that automated the process of adding new products to the catalog.
01/2000 – 06/2000
Design and development of a two–way e–mail and fax interface to the Siebel CRM application to help
facilitate communication and collaboration within the BarterTrust call center.
This work involved a lot of Visual Basic 5.0, COM, and Siebel VB programming:
- Built an e–mail interface between the Siebel and Eudora using Visual Basic and COM.
- Built a fax interface between the Siebel and VSI–FAX using Visual Basic and COM.
Both the e–mail and fax interfaces allowed for sending attachments.
Configure Siebel business components, applets, and views to allow for aforementioned e–mail and fax
integration. This work involved working with Siebel Tools, and some Visual Basic programming:
- Configured business components to allow for the logging of inbound and outbound e–mail and fax correspondence.
Including attachments. Extensive work with Siebel API and compression utilities.
Provide database and server administration to help support the productivity of the project team.
This work involved a lot of Oracle database administration, server installation, and database tuning:
- Install and configure Oracle, Siebel, and VSI–Fax servers in three separate environments.
- Liaising with expert services consultants for application support. Maintain issue log.
- Monitor database performance.
DANA ENGINE CONTROLS
07/1999 – 01/2000
Analysis, identification, and resolution of several application and database performance bottlenecks in the BaaN IVc2 ERP
application. This work involved a lot of SQL programming, as well as manipulating various
Oracle memory and storage components:
- Restructure SQL statements to make better use of indexes and the Oracle optimizer.
- Tune the BaaN–Oracle driver for better performance during batch transaction processing.
- Tune Oracle memory and disk components by redistributing I/O, properly sizing memory components,
and reducing contention locks/enqueues.
- Built a web application that automates statistics gathering, measuring, reporting, and historical analysis as it pertains to
Oracle and Unix performance.
Assist in application administration by developing a utility to log and apply patches provided by BaaN.
This work involved a lot of KSH programming:
- Built a BaaN patch management utility using KSH, which allowed for cataloging, applying, and
restoring patches, as well as searching for patches by name and by date.
10/1997 – 06/1999
Design and development of over 1500 customizations to the BaaN IVc2 ERP application to assist in
streamlining the distribution center business processes. This work involved a lot of SQL, and 4GL programming,
as well as some development work with the Oracle 7.3.4 database:
- Analyze, model, and perform a major database schema customization that affected all sales, purchasing, and invoice sessions,
and helped minimize the number of process changes necessary to adopt the BaaN application into the existing business model.
- Design and development of a label printing module that generates shipping labels based on sales order information.
- Design and development of an archive company to help relieve the burden on the operational database.
- Design and development of a reporting module that allowed for the queuing, releasing, and printing of batch report jobs.
- Design and development of several Oracle objects that were used to store temporal data gathered from the operation BaaN environment.
Create a series of analytical reports that were used to determine inventory and dollar points based on a specified duration and status.
Design, development, and integration of several MS Office desktop applications to the BaaN IVc2 ERP application,
which helped automate the data entry burden for the Customer Service and Finance departments.
This work involved a lot of ASP, VBA, Visual Foxpro, Crystal Reports,
and Oracle 7.3.4 PL/SQL programming:
- Design and development of several VBA applications in Excel that allowed for batch uploads of sales contracts,
price lists, and financial statements.
- Design and development of an analytical reporting web application that dimension over two years of sales data.
Perform a data conversion of over 30,000 thousand open sales orders and over $5M worth of open accounts payable and account
receivable transactions, without losing any data. This worked involved a lot of Oracle 7.3.4 PL/SQL,
Foxpro 2.6, and SQL programming, as well as some Oracle 7.3.4 database administration.
12/1994 – 10/1997
Design and development of a new EDI
commercial software product for the distribution center industry. This worked involved a lot of analysis and design,
as well as extensive Foxpro 2.6 and SQL programming:
- Management of all phases of the software life cycle: analysis, design, coding, testing, release and maintenance.
- Design and development of SQL based transaction–processing mechanism that created dynamic runtime maps used
to pair application data with EDI elements.
- Liaising with customer and trading partner during the installation and support of all
- Worcester, MA
- Director of Service Delivery 2011 – Present
- Manager of Enterprise Architecture and Application Development 2008 – 2011
- Principal Developer 2007 – 2008
Merged with WebSense in 11/2007
- Principal Application Developer
- Westboro, MA
- September 2004 – March 2007
Fast Software Solutions
- Independent Consultant / Senior Application Developer
- San Diego, CA
- July 2000 – July 2004
Noblestar Systems Corporation
- Senior Implementation Consultant
- Reston, VA
- July 1999 – October 2000
- Senior Application Developer
- Boston, MA
- October 1997 – June 1999
- Software Developer
- Boston, MA
- December 1994 – October 1997
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- QPS Institute
- Marlborough, MA
Microsoft Certified Professional
- Developing and Implementing Web Applications with Microsoft� Visual C#� .NET and Microsoft� Visual Studio� .NET
- Vortex Data Systems
- San Diego, CA.
Transcript ID: 660192, Access Code: fastsoft
Certified Advanced ColdFusion MX Developers
MS in Computer Science, concentration in Software Engineering and Project Management
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- Worcester, MA
- 2001 (DNF)
Siebel 2000 Certified Consultant Certification
- Siebel Education Center
- Burlington, MA.
BaaN Tools/Development I and II Certification
- BaaN Education Center
- Grand Rapids, MI.
BS in Computer Science, concentration in Mathematics
- Worcester State College
- Worcester, MA.
- Graduated 1996
Visitors since 10/2/2003: